All gas appliances need to be safety checked by Gas Safe registered engineers annually and serviced according to manufacturers instructions.
If appliances are left unchecked it runs the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning which can be fatal to you and others in the property if exposed. Gas pipework should also be checked at the same time as your gas safety check in South Ockendon. If you are a landlord this needs to be done by law every year.
Appliance safety checks in South Ockendon will ensure that the appliance is safe to be operated. They will be checked to:
- Ensure that they are correctly set and adjusted to ensure gas is burning properly
- Make sure that they are suitable for where they are located
- Make sure that they are physically stable and fitted securely and connected to the gas supply safely
- There is an adequate air supply
- Any flues or chimneys are operating correctly
- All safety devices function correctly
If a gas installation safety check in South Ockendon is required, each appliance will need to be checked to ensure that all accessible gas pipework is visually inspected to make sure that the installation is in good condition and that the gas pipework is tested for any gas leaks.
When checking an unsafe gas appliance, our engineers will follow the Gas Industry Unsafe Situations Procedure which provides them with information on best practice when dealing with specific gas safety concerns.
Once they have completed working on the appliance, our engineers will issue you with a report which will outline all the checks that they have carried out. It is not a legal requirement for this to be issued please note so do check with us that we will provide this.
Arrange a gas safety inspection in South Ockendon today, contact us by phone or email for a free quotation.